Members of GBN have worked with others to establish a Bognor Cycle Forum and uses that framework to forge links with local cycling groups and, in partnership with Sustrans the national cycling charity, to promote and improve local cycling routes.
In the summer months we hope to organise a few easy-paced, family friendly rides, to explore the potential of some routes
Current projects we are looking at include:
- Improving the direct cycle route from Bognor to Chichester, particularly by changing priorites and improvements at junctions
- Supporting Sustrans to confirm the Bognor-Chichester cross country route (which will form part of the national cycling network NCN2)
- Establishing a route between Bognor & Littlehampton away from the A259
- Developing a town cycle map
- Linking up the various disjointed bits of cycletrack around the town
- Links between the railway station & promenade
- New routes / leisure trails developed in tandem with Arun DC & other partners
- "Blakes Way" - a lovely cycle route linking Bognor & Felpham with the South Downs and Lavant, via Barnham with hostorical significance along the way.